luni, 25 iulie 2016

SOTHEBY’S: T.O.P CURATES THE ART OF OUR TIME

sothebys1
HONG KONG – Korean entertainer and art collector T.O.P has achieved superstardom as a singer, songwriter, actor and rapper. This fall, he will unveil his curatorial passion, transferring it from a private to a more public platform with #TTTOP, a special sale of contemporary art on 3 October in Hong Kong. Envisioned by T.O.P for young art buyers of his generation, the sale is also the first time Sotheby’s Hong Kong has collaborated with a collector as curator.
The sale title #TTTOP is also T.O.P’s handle on Instagram, where he shares his fascinating artistic encounters with five-million-plus followers. His interest in contemporary art and design stems from an early age. “I was raised in a very artistic household,” he explains. “All the women in my family, including my mother, majored in art. They were all either artists or art teachers. The Korean modern masters Kim Whanki and Lee Insung are both my blood relatives.” His aunts taught him to draw and paint, but as he grew up, he had an important realization. “I preferred looking at art – and immersing myself in it – to actually painting things myself.”
The power of art, he says, is life changing. “Some say that meeting your ideal partner is a work of destiny. I would say the same for the chances of coming across a great artwork,” says T.O.P. “Once a piece enters my life, we become lifelong companions destined to love each other.”
Further details about the sale will be released in August.
Source: Sothebys.com



Those interested, can also pre-order the “#TTTOPxSotheby’s” auction catalogue now, for $65 USD:

sothebys2
CoLxO69VMAA8nBx

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu